|Project duration:||6 months|
|Activities:||Idea, proof of concept, design electronics and firmware, prototyping, production, support & warranty|
|Technologies:||STM32 Cortex M3, CAN-bus, C, high-current, LiFepo4 charging, DipTrace, EmBits, Meanwell|
The Off-Grid energy system monitoring and management solution consists of smart batteries amongst others. A disadvantage of these smart batteries is that they don't go very well with modern-day off the shelf 'smart' battery chargers.
To get round the problem of batteries outsmarting the charger, we have developed a 'simple' constant-voltage/constant-current power supply. This power supply is based on a standard MeanWell 24V/480W industrial din-rail power supply. With some additional electronics, the existing control loop is modified to have an electronic potmeter in the voltage feedback and a constant-current control loop between the feedback opto-coupler and the current sense resistor.
- Voltage adjustable from 24.0V to 30.0V
- Current limit adjustable from 1.0A to 16.0A
- 480W Constant power capability
- Remote on/off control
- Remote programming of setpoints and readback of actual values
- Non-volatile voltage and current settings
- CAN-based OGS control® bus to connect with an OGS control® Master